ebusd is a daemon for handling communication with eBUS devices connected to a 2-wire bus system (“energy bus” used by numerous heating systems).
Releases, source code, and documentation are available on github:
See here for details on building your own eBUS adapter, that is needed for connecting ebusd to your heating system.
Current Version 3.2:
This is the third release of ebusd 3 and the twelfth (="L", therefor Lime) since ebusd was completely reworked.
Major new features include retrieval of configuration files from the config web service (default enabled), automatic reconnects to MQTT broker, new options to read/write commands for dynamic message definition testing, the new "define" command for adding message defintitions during runtime (default disabled), as well as the new "encode" and "decode" test commands.
Debian install packages for amd64 (Debian Stretch and Jessie), i386 (Debian Jessie), and armhf (Raspberry Pi on Debian Jessie and Wheezy) are attached.
Variants of each binary with MQTT support have an additional "mqtt0" (for libmosquitto0) or "mqtt1" (for libmosquitto1) suffix in the name.
For Arch Linux, simply run makepkg in the contrib/archlinux/ebusd/ directory.
- ebusd-3.2_amd64-jessie.deb 215.97 KB 37 downloads
- ebusd-3.2_amd64-jessie_mqtt0.deb 228.43 KB 8 downloads
- ebusd-3.2_amd64-stretch.deb 206 KB 53 downloads
- ebusd-3.2_amd64-stretch_mqtt1.deb 217.6 KB 43 downloads
- ebusd-3.2_armhf-jessie.deb 179.53 KB 171 downloads
- ebusd-3.2_armhf-jessie_mqtt1.deb 190.57 KB 165 downloads
- ebusd-3.2_armhf-wheezy.deb 228.36 KB 23 downloads
- ebusd-3.2_armhf-wheezy_mqtt0.deb 244.06 KB 13 downloads
- ebusd-3.2_i386-jessie.deb 205.55 KB 10 downloads
- ebusd-3.2_i386-jessie_mqtt0.deb 217.63 KB 6 downloads
- Source code
Corresponding CSV configuration files:
Usage with ebusd version 3.2 or higher:
If you’re using ebusd in version 3.2 or higher, you can simply use the default option for the location of the configuration files that are served by ebusd.eu (see “–configpath” option).
Due to this new feature, no more packaged releases of this repository will be generated in future. If you intend to work on the configuration yourself, simply checkout this repository and point ebusd to your local folder with the latest version.
Latest release (for ebusd older than 3.2):
ebusd 2.1 config 2016/06/05
This is the second release of ebusd 2.1 configuration files for easy installation on e.g. Debian.
The major new feature of this release compared to 2.0 is the support for a variety of different Vaillant BAI devices. Compared to the first 2.1 release, the missing ".inc" files were added to the ".deb" files and 370 as well as F37 devices were added.
Installation on Debian:
- Download one of the ".deb" files with your desired language code
- Run "*dpkg -i --force-overwrite ebusd-configuration-2.1..deb**" Note: The "--force-overwrite" option is necessary since the ebusd package already contains a rough "broadcast.csv", which is also contained in this package.
Installation on other OS:
- Download one of the ".tgz" files with your desired language code
- Remove old files/directories from the /etc/ebusd directory
- Unpack it to the /etc/ebusd directory using "*tar xzf ebusd-configuration-2.1..tgz -C /etc/ebusd/**"
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.deb 50.98 KB 2,448 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.tgz 109.13 KB 527 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.deb 47.63 KB 389 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.tgz 104.04 KB 148 downloads
- Source code